Solar charge controllers, also called solar regulators, are usually sold with photovoltaic systems, often in conjunction with off-grid solar systems.
Solar Panels Plus carries a full line of top-quality solar charge controllers. These controllers are available in a variety of sizes and are capable of handling small to large PV systems.
The Outback solar charge controller family offers the latest innovation in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology. This continually active software will increase your solar PV-array power yield by up to 30 percent compared to non-MPPT solar charge controllers.
Featuring active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling, these solar charge controllers can operate at their full maximum current rating in ambient temperatures as high as 104 degrees F. These controllers also:
• Support a wide range of nominal battery voltages.
• Are equipped with a step-down feature so they can use a higher voltage array to charge a lower voltage battery bank.
• Feature integrated system performance logs for 128 days of data storage.
• Have a built-in backlit display.
• Come with integrated network communications to allow equipment to be used for remote monitoring and programming.
• Consume less than 1 Watt power in standby mode.