Solar Panels Plus offers a wide range of solar tanks for all types of applications. These solar tanks are available for hot water storage, hot water heating systems, commercial, and industrial applications.
These solar storage tanks are available in pressurized, non-pressurized (atmospheric), and in a variety of capacties and sizes.
For a full, complete listing of all storage tank sizes and specifications, please contact us.
SPP HydroFlex Solar Tanks
The SPP-HydroFlex solar water tanks are designed for solar thermal applications. These solar stroage tanks are designed to be extremely lightweight and durable, and feature simple and easy installation.
These solar tanks range in size from 100 to 5,000 gallons, and are crated to fit through a standard door opening.
A wide selection of ports and heat exchanger sizes are available to fit every type of solar application and design.
SPP-HydroFlex Solar Tank Features
- High Quality Materials: Solar tanks are made of light-weight, durable, and flexible aluminum with a variety of pliable, no-seam liners. Tanks arrive on-site fully manufactured, and ready for installation – meaning a faster, simpler, and easier installation process.
- Durability: The materials and craftsmanship make these solar tanks exceptionally durable. While under a full 10-year warranty, many of these solar water tanks have been in operation for decades.
- Simple & Easy Installation: The flexible materials that these solar tanks are constructed of make installation simple and straightforward – and make shipping costs much less expensive than other solar tanks.
- Insulation: These solar tanks are manufactured with two layers of 1" polyisocyanurate foil faced insulation, embossed aluminum, and an EPDM liner. XR tanks are also available for extra insulation, to ensure you store hotter temperatures longer for your customer’s solar hot water or heating system.
- Variety of Sizes and Options: Solar tanks come in a large variety of storage capacities and sizes, with customizable port and heat exchanger options to fit your specific solar application.
SPP HydroFlex Solar Tanks Documentation
SPP Solar Water Tanks
The SPP Solar Water Tanks are designed for various types of solar thermal applications. These solar tanks are most often used in solar hot water heating systems, such as for domestic hot water.
These solar hot water tanks are available in a variety of sizes, with a number of options such as size, backup heating, single or dual heat exchangers, and much more. Other large sizesare also available, please contact us for details.
Standard sizes (60gl, 75gl, 115gl) are available with built in electrical backup heat, allowing you to use these solar tanks in stand-alone solar hot water systems. These solar tanks are available in single or dual heat exchangers, for boiler backup or other system designs and applications.
SPP Solar Water Tank Features
- Coil Design: 1 ½” OD glass coated carbon steel heat exchanger is located in the upper portion of the solar tank, and provides enhanced heat transfer capability.
- Backup Electrical Element: A pre-installed backup heating element provides heat when solar energy is not available, or isn’t able to meet the demand. This ensures a comfortable outlet temperature while providing a steady flow of hot water from the solar tank.
- Sensor Wires for Solar Thermistor Connections: Twisted wires are provided under the upper and lower covers. These wires have been provided as a means for connecting thermistors to a solar controller. Note: Solar thermistors and Solar Controller are not provided. If you are looking for controls, please see our product listing on Solar Controls.
- Honeywell Manual Control: Honeywell mixing device is manually set and easy to install, ensuring comfortable outlet temperature as well as a steady flow of hot water.
- Factory Installed Sediment Reduction System: Cold water inlet sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in the solar tank. Increases the first hour of delivery of hot water, while minimizing the temperature build up in the solar water tank.
- Lining: Water heater tanks are protected from corrosive effects of hot water by an exclusive ceramic porcelain-like coating. The high silica lining provides a tough interior surface for our hot water tanks.
- Included Compoenents: T&P (Temperature & Relief) Valve, and a Brass Drain Valve, are included.
SPP Solar Water Tanks Documentation
SPP Large Volume Solar Heat Exchange Tanks
The large volume solar heat exchange tanks are designed for larger solar thermal, solar heating, and solar air conditioning projects. These large solar tanks allow for longer term storage, or for high demand applications, such as space heating systems, or solar absorption chillers systems.
These solar tanks are available in a large variety of sizes, ranging from 175gl range to sizes up to 1,040gls. These solar tanks also have topcoat insulation options, allowing for a more efficient storage of heat over longer periods of time, or for higher temperature storage while minimizing loss.
These solar tanks are available with heat exchangers, and larger tanks can support 5 or more heat exchangers. for a large variety of applications and system designs. Tanks can also support boiler back-up or electric back-up.
- Glass-Lined Steel Solar Tank - The SPP tank lining lining is applied to the interior surface of the steel providing a tough wear resistant lining which minimizes the effects of high temperature hot water.
- Boiler Back-up & Electric Back-Up - Tanks support both boiler back-up and electrical back-up options
- Top Coat Insulation - Optional top-coat insulation offers a R-16 value insulation for better heat retention and durability.
- ASME Rated - Tanks are constructed and certified to be in accordance with ASME.
- High-Efficiency Heat Exchangers - Heat exchangers built for maximum heat transfer at 74,666 BTU per hour, per coil.
- Warranty - 5 year limited warranty covering workmanship and defects.
For more information regarding our large volume solar water tanks, or for sizes, pricing, and availability, please contact us.
SPP Large Volume Solar Heat Exchange Tanks Documentation
SPP Bare Steel Large Volume Solar Storage Tanks
These solar tanks are designed for high capacity, high temperature hot water storage. These tanks are ideal for large commercial projects, long term storage, or high demand applications.
Solar tanks are available in a variety of sizes, ranging from 193gl to over 6,000gl for all types of applications. They have been constructed and certified to meet ASME standards, and come with a 5-year warranty (10-year for double glass linen tanks). Consult the specification sheet for exact sizes that are available.
These tanks are designed for storage of potable water up to 180º F (82º C) for use in a variety of solar, solar heating, or other hot water applications. They are available in both horizontal and vertical, and come equipped with saddles for easy access to areas under the tank.
Tanks come standard as bare steel with red oxide primer, top coat insulation for added heat retention, as well as finishing coats are also available as options. Please Contact us for full pricing and availability.
- ASME Rated - All size tanks are constructed and certified in accordance with ASME IV for 125 PSI.
- Red Oxide Primer - All tanks come with red oxide primer applied for long lasting durability.
- Top Coat & Finish Coat Available - Optional top coat insulation provides an R-16 insulation value. Finish coats are also available for all size tanks.
- High Quality Lining - Tanks are equipped with a single layer glass lining that is specifically formulated for hot water applications, designed to minimize the effects of high-temperature hot water.
- Double Glass Lining Option - Double glass lining option gives tanks added protection against failure, and extends the warranty from 5 years to 10 years. Built upon request.
- Warrantied - 5 year warranty protection against tank failure resulting from defects in materials and workmanship, 10 year warranty on tanks with double glass lining.
SPP Bare Steel Large Volume Solar Storage Tanks Documentation
SPP Jacketed Large Volume Solar Storage Tanks
The SPP jacketed solar storage are designed for high temperature hot water storage. The heavy steel gauge jacket provides extra insulation for increased heat retention.
Solar tanks are available in a variety of sizes, ranging from 193gl to over 1,100gl for all types of applications. They have been constructed and certified to meet ASME standards, and come with a 5-year warranty (10-year for double glass linen tanks). Consult the specification sheet for exact sizes that are available.
These tanks have the option for a heavy steel insulation jacket, or 2" foam insulation and top coat. Both options allow for high heat retention, and are durable and boast a long service life. Tanks are available in both horizontal and vertical, and come equipped with saddles for easy access to areas under the tank.
Please Contact us for full pricing and availability.
- ASME Rated - All size tanks are constructed and certified in accordance with ASME IV for 125 PSI.
- Glass Lined Solar Storage Tank - The glass lining is applied to the interior surface of the steel providing a tough wear resistant lining which minimizes the effects of high temperature hot water.
- Sturdy Steel Jacket - Heavy gauge steel jacket increases heat retention, minimizing heat loss for even high temperature hot water storage
- High Density Foam Insulation Available - High density 2" foam insulation option minimizes
heat loss with an R value of 12.5.
- Magnesium Anode Rod - Magnesium anode rods are included in every tank for protection and longer service life.
- Aquastat Fittings - Two 3/4" Aquastat NPT fittings are integrated into the tank, located in the lower and upper parts.
- Five Year Warranty - Provides warranty protection against tank failure resulting from defects in materials and workmanship.
- Ten Year Warranty - An extended warranty on steel tanks with double glass lining provides superior warranty protection against tank failure. Double glass lining is not an inventory item, built upon request.
SPP Jacketed Large Volume Solar Storage Tanks Documentation